EPOS - Evolving Personal to Organizational Knowledge Spaces
The objective of EPOS is to leverage a user’s efforts for his personal knowledge management for his own benefit as well as to evolve this within the organization. To reach this goal, EPOS addresses the following topics:
- modeling user's workspace, techniques for user observation and context identification - click for more details on that project line.
- description of information needs, query modification for collaborative information retrieval
- communication structures in interacting knowledge workspaces
- leveraging individual native information structures to models and ontologies, evidence calculation for ontology creation
- communication and negotiation protocols on the meta-level
- ontology-based visualization components, configuration rules for task-specific information-visualization
The EPOS project is successor of the FRODO (Framework for Distributed Organizational Memories) project and a lot of basic assumptions, methods, and techniques are grounded there. Here you can find the project homepage including publications.
The project team:
The project has finished. The successor projects are:
Last modified 2009-07-07 01:06 PM